The Ursuline Preparatory School is set on the slopes of The Downs, close by Wimbledon town centre and Raynes Park. The school has been on this site since 1944 and over recent years the original Victorian property has been enhanced, modernised and refurbished with a range of new facilities. In February 2015 a purpose built Early Years development was opened offering facilities for both Nursery and Reception children. In addition this building, known as St Angela’s, also houses four new purpose built classrooms for girls in the Prep Department.
The facilities offered are:
- A multi-purpose flood-lit, all-weather Astroturf area providing recreational space for breaktime and first rate sports facility for PE, Games and inter-school matches. The school also has use of nearby playing fields for Games.
- The school has a very well equipped Science Laboratory (enhanced by a wildlife pond), Art Room, Music Room, Library, Modern Foreign Languages room and facilities for music practice and peripatetic tuition.
- The main school hall provides a flexible space for P.E, assemblies and school productions.
- In the summer of 2015 the original Victorian house entrance was refurbished. This has created a modern, light and spacious facility in our main entrance for both visitors and pupils, whilst being in keeping with the Victorian features of this lovely building.
- Classrooms for both Years 5 and 6 have also been refurbished as has the Music Room, which has been relocated next to the Art Room.
Available for hire on our school site is a facility known as St Ursula’s Hall. This spacious and modern facility is available to view and hire for parties, meetings, clubs, etc. Please contact the School Office for information on hiring the school facilities, or email firstname.lastname@example.org